· FPV or first person view: You as a pilot can see your drone through the camera.
Parts of Drones
When learning how to fly a drone, there are key parts of the drone that you need to be familiar with such as:
· Transmitter or remote control: This is the main controlling unit that lets you fly and control the drone mavic pro platinum.
· Propellers: These are four in number and help the drone in taking off from the ground as well as maintaining a horizontal stable position.
· Camera: This is not present in all the drones and is optional but helps in keeping the pilot informed about the surroundings of the drone.
· The frame: The frame connects all the parts and keeps them in position. The frame comes in two arrangements such as X or +
· The motors: There are four motors in a drone and that is why it is also known as quadcopter. Each propeller is powered by a single motor. The voltage of the motor will determine the speed or rotation of the propeller.
· Electronic speed control: The wires that connect the battery with the motor are known as ECS.
· Flight control board: This is the master control and regulates the accelerometer as well as the gyrometer directing the speed of the motorvehicle.
· Battery and charger: This is important as it provides life to the drone to take flights.
Controls of the Drone
When learning how to fly a drone, it is very important that you understand the following controls:
· Roll: This is used to roll the drone right or left generally using the right stick on the remote control
· Pitch: This is the tilting of drone and is carried out by pushing the right stick forward or backward.
· Yaw: This is the rotation of drone in right or left direction by moving the left key towards left or right. This helps in changing the direction of your drone.
· Throttle: If you want your drone to higher or lower than its present position the use the left key to engage and disengage it by pushing the key forward and backward respectively.
· Trim: This is adjusting the above mentioned features in case you want to adjust the balance of the device and can be done with the help of the buttons on remote control.
· Rudder: Controlling yaw is the main function of rudder which is also the left stick
· Aileron: Same as right stick
· Elevator: Same as right stick moving forward and backward.
Modes of Drone Flying
When learning how to fly a drone, you should be familiar with the modes in which your drone can fly. These include:
· Manual: you can adjust all the positions of the drone manually. You need to operate it in and out of balance.
· Auto level or altitude: in this mode the leveling of the drone is done by itself when the stick is released to its neutral position.
· GPS hold: in this mode the quadcopter will come back to its original position when the stick is released.
Mastering the Controls
When learning how to fly a drone you should master the controls of the drone before you take on responsibilities outside of flying for recreational purposes. Similar to driving, in the beginning it may appear to be a very difficult job but as you get used to it, you will not even think before making any move.
The main thing to keep in mind is that you need to push the stick gently for smoother movements of the drone. You must start by moving the drone slightly in each direction. Knowing the controls and how they work is the key to flying this device smoothly and moreover it is the dexterity and quick response time that will help you fly your drone like an expert.
Operating the Remote Control
The remote control, which is also known as the transmitter, is the only thing that will let you control your drone and fly it in the way you want it to. The name transmitter is an apt one because it transmits signals to the drone as soon as you move the stick or press the buttons.
You can very easily fly your drone using the stick and the button on the remote control. However, before you try to make a full fledged flight you must first trim and adjust the controls so that the drone remains in balance. When for the first time, you try to lift the drone using your remote control you will notice that the drone tilts in one direction and also moves in that direction. This is one of the reasons you find it very difficult to fly this device initially. This happens because the balance is not right and you need to adjust the pitch roll, yaw and throttle accordingly so that while lifting up the drone maintains a horizontal position parallel to the ground.
In conclusion, learning how to fly a drone can be a lot of fun and can earn you some extra cash, but there are processes and maneuvers you must master before you risk crashing your drone, or worse, causing bodily harm.
UAVLANCE.com, the one stop shop for all your UAV needs.
LOOKING FOR A DRONE PILOT?
Simply create a job and watch as the top pilots in the country bid for your work. And payments are held in escrow, so pilots get paid on time, and you don’t release payment until you’re 100% satisfied!
There is no job too big or complex. There are pilots on UAVLance qualified for EVERY aerial need.
Find a UAV Pilot Now!
NEED TO RENT A DRONE FOR BUSINESS OR FOR FUN?
At UAVLance.com, Drone Rentals companies across the country compete for your business. Find the lowest rate on that perfect drone you’ve always wanted to fly. Want to earn extra money? Setup an account and rent your drone today! It’s that simple.
Rent a Drone Today!
INTERESTED IN DRONE RACING?
UAVLance is the first website to enable organizers to setup and manage races, create stunning web pages, invite racers and sponsors to register, and automate payouts. Competitions for all skill levels.