Christianity is a monotheistic religion that is based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. The followers of this religion are known as Christians. Christianity actually deals with the life and teachings, as presented in the canonical gospels and other Testament writings. This religion teaches us that Jesus Christ is the son of god as well as the savior of humanity. Jesus Christ is also known by names like Christ or Messiah. Well, I would like to tell you that there are three largest groups in the world of Christianity and they are the Eastern Orthodox Churches, the Roman Catholic Church and the various denominations of Protestantism ecumenical.
Christianity began as a Jewish sect in the midst of 1st century. This religion originated in the Eastern Mediterranean coast of the Middle East and slowly, it spread to Asia Minor, Syria Mesopotamia and Egypt. By the end of the 4th century, Christianity became a dominant religion within the Roman Empire. In order to follow the Jesus command, the followers of this religion established churches, charities, hospitals, schools, homeless shelters, orphanages and universities. Christians established all these places in order to spread Christianity. Further in this article, I am going to discuss a few facts that are associated with this religion.
1. Jesus Christ used to live in Palestine as an itinerant teacher and a miracle worker.
2. Jesus Christ was crucified to death but he rose again. This is the central point of this religion. Christians believe that Jesus is the son of god and he is alive, not dead.
3. Most of the early Christians started a tradition of visiting the tomb of Jesus around 50 AD.
4. Paul was a missionary preacher who contributed his consistent and sincere efforts in spreading Christianity. Slowly and slowly, Rome became the hub of this monotheistic religion.
5. Most of the religious communities were led by Episcopoi Bishops and these Bishops became the leader of the churches. The senior most leader of the church was called Pope.
6. It is believed that the Early Christians faced a lot of problem with persecution. This is the major reason that most of them were martyred for their faith.
7. There are two major creeds of this religion and they are the Apostles creed and the Nicene Creed.
8. The followers of this religion believed that they merit peace, happiness and afterlife of joy in the direct vision of god.
9. Christians perform main rituals or worship on Sundays in a church. This activity is commonly known as Holy Communion.
So, this was all that you need to know regarding Christianity. Make sure that you read out this article carefully.